Humans’ invention of electricity means we can go out in December and stare at thousands of colorful light bulbs arranged in pleasing ways.
- Yes, it’s time for drive- and walk-through holiday light displays, and metro Detroit has many to offer. So grab some egg nog or hot cocoa to go and head out.
- We also suggest stocking up on cookies — gingerbread or otherwise.
? Drive-through tradition: Wayne County Lightfest.
- When: Wednesday to Sunday until Dec. 24 from 6-10pm, with wait times longer on the weekends.
- Details: Drive through a four-mile stretch of twinkling light displays with a holiday theme. There’s more than 100,000 lights involved, according to the county.
- Price: $5 per car.
- Where: Enter at 7651 North Merriman Road.
? One bright block: Tunnel of Lights
- When: Evenings starting Dec. 3.
- Details: A neighborhood-born tradition has become a destination of walk-through light displays along the sidewalk and in front yards.
- Price: Free!
- Where: Eiffel Street near 12 Mile and Schoenherr in Warren.
For article, click below: