The night will heat up as the track goes cold with the PwC Grand Prixmiere, presented by Chevrolet, Friday, May 30 on Belle Isle Park. A Night in the Fast Lane, set for 6:30 – 11 p.m., will benefit the Belle Isle Conservancy on the eve of the Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix weekend. Supporting Michigan’s newest state park, the event is hosted by Kim and Mark Reuss, executive vice president of Global Product Development, Purchasing and Supply Chain at General Motors. The evening is also made possible with Champion support by Penske Corporation.
Joining PwC, Chevrolet and Penske in sponsoring the Grand Prixmiere are the Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix, FirstMerit Bank, Strategic Staffing Solutions, Detroit Jazz Festival, DTE Energy, UAW-GM Center for Human Resources, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Crain Communications, Firestone, Franco Public Relations Group, Gerych’s and Lear Corporation.
“Chevrolet and General Motors are proud to present the PwC Grand Prixmiere at Michigan’s newest State Park, Belle Isle, and Kim and I are just as proud to co-host this great event,” said Mark Reuss. “I’d like to thank Kim for all her efforts and hard work organizing the Prixmiere, all to benefit the important work of the Belle Isle Conservancy. We’re both very thankful for everything they do, and we’re also thankful for the help of our friends at Penske Corporation, the Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix, and all our sponsors. It’s a terrific start to a great weekend in Detroit.”
Guests will begin the evening by driving the actual Grand Prix race track to the Grand Prixmiere’s spectacular setting overlooking the iconic Scott Fountain to enjoy:
- A strolling cocktail reception with world-class Grand Prix race drivers
- A seated dinner by Andiamo
- An entertaining program emceed by News/Talk 760 WJR-AM’s Paul W. Smith
- A live auction of unique experiences donated by Chevrolet
- A live performance by nationally acclaimed country artist Josh Kelley
“This year is a monumental opportunity for the Grand Prixmiere, as we move our celebration to Belle Isle Park for the first time,” said Michele Hodges, president of the Belle Isle Conservancy. “We are incredibly thankful to Kim and Mark Reuss and Penske Corporation, along with PwC, Chevrolet and all of our sponsors for helping to make this year’s event truly magnificent. Even with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources committing significant financial resources to Belle Isle’s revitalization, the Conservancy shares an obligation to fund improvement projects and cultural programs throughout the island for the enjoyment of many generations to come.”
Auctioneers will guide guests in bidding big for the Belle Isle Conservancy on three exceptional packages:
- Country Music Awards – the highest bidder will experience the biggest night in country music at the 2014 Country Music Awards (CMA) in Nashville. The exclusive package includes airfare, luxury accommodations, and VIP tickets for four to the star-studded CMA live telecast.
- Spring Mountain Racing Experience – the winning bidder will learn the art of high-performance driving in a new Corvette Stingray with coaching from legendary Corvette racing champion, Ron Fellows, at the Spring Mountain Motor Resort and Country Club near Las Vegas. The package for four includes airfare, luxury accommodations, fine dining and show tickets.
- Dinner for 6 couples with Helio – the highest bidder will join three-time Indy 500 winner and Dancing with the Stars champion, Helio Castroneves, Kim and Mark Reuss and Melissa and Bud Denker for dinner among priceless vehicles at the General Motors Heritage Center. The evening will feature a gourmet menu and paired wine.
Capping the evening will be a live concert by Josh Kelley, an acclaimed singer-songwriter who has spent the majority of the past decade defying musical genres with his approachable and appealing sound. He is best known for his Top 5 hit “Amazing,” along with songs “Georgia Clay,” “Almost Honest” and “Only You,” which have topped the country, adult contemporary and pop charts.
Due to unprecedented early support of the 2014 Grand Prixmiere seats – at $500 per person – are extremely limited. To join the Grand Prixmiere waiting list, call 313-331-7760.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.9 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.
About the Belle Isle Conservancy
The Belle Isle Conservancy‘s mission is to protect, preserve, restore and enhance the natural environment, historic structures and unique character of Belle Isle as a public park for the enjoyment of all – now and forever. On February 10th, 2014, historic Belle Isle joined Michigan’s expansive, award-winning park system as Michigan’s 102nd state park. The Belle Isle Conservancy is responsible for generating substantial funds for improvement projects and cultural programs throughout the island. For more information, visit belleisleconservancy.org.